Re: Arrgghh! Libreoffice woes!

On 12/26/12 6:03 AM, Sharon Kimble wrote:
> Yesterday i installed libreoffice 3.6.4.3 alongside Debian libreoffice
> 3.5.4. today neither worked except via root, so i uninstalled both
> libreoffices with synaptic, and then re-installed Debian libreoffice
> with apt-get. but it does not open from the menu. how can i get it
> working again please?
>
> right, /config/libreoffice is renamed, but user is still unable to
> open it, whereas root can open it very easily. the command is '
> /usr/bin/libreoffice --writer' and nothing happens with user it just
> sits and does nowt, where as root it opens. any ideas please folks?
>
> My goal is to get the Debian libreoffice working, and dump the source
> libreoffice. Is this possible please?

You might try creating a new user and seeing if that user can open it,
just to make sure it's not related to settings for existing users.

I would use apt-get to purge the removal of libreoffice, then manually
remove any leftover libreoffice directories I could find, then reinstall
libreoffice.

After that, I'm out of ideas, and like you, would be asking on this list.

--
Kent