Re: Some applications freezing up

Yes... I always use mpc and it works with no problem.

Also control mpd from within emacs through emms is just fine also.

huhu... sometimes I think that emacs is a really a full OS  :D

If you encounter the same problem with all of them, it is not the
client, so probably the server.
If you only have the problem with some of them, then you will have
to find a better, at least, less bugged, client.

Ok so it looks like mpd is not the problem.

The common problems are occurring with rhythmbox and gmpc.

So it is hard to know what is the problem, maybe a commonly used library
between the two (rhythmbox and gmpc)?

I have no idea since I do not even know them.
Maybe those softwares are using their own database?

But I just took an eye to rythmbox's dependencies... that's ugly to bind a software to so many libs, introducing a bug is really easy... well, not my problem, since I do not intend to use such kind of softwares.