Re: Laptop left in unusable state

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 8:04 AM, Agbefia <agbefia@icloud.com> wrote:

To whom it may concern:
I have a Dell laptop Studio that runs on Win7 operating system.i tried to install Debian but something went wrong and my laptop cannot boot and it seems all my data on the hard drive were erased and I cannot access the laptop.Is there anyway I can reload any operating system on the laptop to make it useful again?

Before doing anything else, try to boot from a thumb drive.  Use F12 on the POST screen to load the BIOS boot menu.  Depending on how recent the BIOS is, you may need to switch from UEFI booting to Legacy booting in the BIOS, which can be accessed using the F2 key during the POST screen.  You can rescue any files you might find on the hard drive before attempting installation again.