Re: ASUS F1A75-M LE Motherboard Radeon HD 9644 Graphics

Bob Proulx wrote:
> Is anyone using an ASUS F1A75-M LE motherboard?
> Unfortunately upgrading to Wheezy or later is a complete fail.
> characters being displayed but then the display switches into a ~60%
> snow ~40% white and becomes unusable.  To be clear this is the vt
> console.  This is not the X Window System display.  The Linux text vt
> console is unusable.  A serious regression.
> If I am very lucky someone will have already seen this problem and
> will have a fix.  Am I lucky?

It turns out that yes I am lucky today!  Ben Hutchings kindly provided
me with the solution.  Apparently more non-free blobs were moved to
the nonfree firmware bundle.  In Sid (will try it in Wheezy later)
installing the firmware-linux-nonfree package resolved the problem.
The vt console is usable and the X display is usable.  I am up and
moving again.  Yay!

Bob