ASUS F1A75-M LE Motherboard Radeon HD 9644 Graphics

Is anyone using an ASUS F1A75-M LE motherboard?

  http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_Socket_FM1/F1A75M_LE/

I am trying to support a site running Debian with many systems with an
ASUS F1A75-M LE motherboard with integrated AMD Radeon HD 9644
graphics.  This hardware runs the Squeeze Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 kernel
without problem.  I can use it on 4:3 displays up to 1600x1200 without
problem.  But, and there is always a but, it does not work with 16:10
widescreen monitors.  The vesa driver fails and runs at 1280x1024 on
the 1440x900 monitor and looks terrible.

Unfortunately upgrading to Wheezy or later is a complete fail.  This
is the bigger problem.  The kernel is generally usable and installs
and boots okay.  But part way through the boot process with text
characters being displayed but then the display switches into a ~60%
snow ~40% white and becomes unusable.  To be clear this is the vt
console.  This is not the X Window System display.  The Linux text vt
console is unusable.  A serious regression.

If I try starting X in the blind without feedback it tries to uses the
radeon driver and is completely unusable with an all white screen over
the top part.

If I am very lucky someone will have already seen this problem and
will have a fix.  Am I lucky?

I filed this bug:

Thanks,
Bob