Re: Checksum for iso image netinst i386

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Wally Lepore <wallylepore@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 7:49 PM Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I don't know how to do that on Windows.
> Don't you have a burning software that will show the MD5sum of the ISO?
> If so, simply compare the sum with sum from the http links without
software.

 Hi Ralf,

 Yes I do have software on windows called "winmd5sum" that does all
 this automatically using a different process. The Cd Burner method you
 mention is also another way. I will look into that. Also I discovered
 there are many different ways to verify that a downloaded file is
 error free. Using the program md5sum.exe is just one of many different
 methods using the command line. I simply wanted to learn this
 particular method, that's all.

 I've found some interesting links in regards to this subject. I will
 get back to the mailing list with my results. See the link below
 please.

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Md5sum

 Thanks again Ralf
 Wally