Re: IA64 or AMD64?

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 2:23 AM, Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
> On 9/22/2012 7:14 AM, Camaleón wrote:

>>> I disagree.  This list, as with most others, is not to be used as a
>>> primary technical support resource.  People should be making at least a
>>> cursory effort to search for information before asking here.
>>
>> But that's you own opinion and being a "personal" thinking, do you think
>> making such assertions is going to help anyone? Or are simply aimed to
>> feed your selfish and completely lack of empathy standpoint?
>
> Join 10 random technical mailing lists and ask the question "Should I
> search for answers to my issue before asking here, or just immediately
> ask here first, every time I have a problem?"

You're right!  No one disagrees with you here.  You'll get the same
answer everywhere you go!  It's universally understood/accepted
support mailing list etiquette to research your issues first before
posting, to the best of your ability.

> I'm truly surprised you'd argue this point as it's universally
> understood/accepted support mailing list etiquette.  But after reading
> the rest of this, which I snipped to reduce resources, it seems clear
> you will simply argue every point I make, whether you're right or wrong,
> because you are apparently so irritated at me that you equate agreeing
> with anything I say to slitting your own wrists or walking through fire.

Nope!  While it's universally understood/accepted support mailing list
etiquette to research your issues to the best of your ability first,
it's also universally understood/accepted support mailing list
etiquette to not be a jerk.  While folks may have a bad day or let
their feelings slip or otherwise -- be a jerk -- it's not acceptable
anywhere.  Is it understandable?  Sure, it happens sometimes.  Doesn't
make it right.

> If you want to call me a jerk then do so.  But don't argue the wrong
> side of an issue simply to show your disdain by being a contrarian.
> That does disservice to your reputation.

You're a jerk and a contrarian and I think the responses you're
getting in this thread show exactly what that's doing to *your*
reputation.  And, by the way, you can call me Chris. There's really no
need to keep repeating my full name, as it's at the top of every email
I send.  Chris is also in the signature.  Use the signature.

> Burying this thread is way overdue.  If you truly feel this dead horse
> hasn't been beaten enough, please email me off list out of courtesy to
> all others.

While one could hope you're wanting this off the list because you've
finally realized how much you've embarrassed yourself, I know that,
sadly, that isn't true.

--
Chris