Re: Display hurtful on LCD screen with Wheezy

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012, Mark Allums wrote:
> Very few LCD monitors have a refresh setting other than 60Hz.  So
> few, in fact, that I have never seen one of them.  I am sure that it

Usually the native resolution is at 60Hz, but not always.  And if you are
running at a lower resolution than native, many LCDs will let you run them
at higher refresh rates.

Still, for mostly static images, the refresh rate really should not matter
on a LCD.

Now, *disabling* sub-pixel rendering, and reducing anti-aliasing may help a
lot.  Ragged edges do not confuse the brain, while soft edges just might.
If a sub-pixel anti-alised font manages to keep your eyes trying to find a
better focus, you will get visual fadigue: blurry eyes, headaches/migraines,
and so on.

  Henrique Holschuh