Re: Disable X-Server temporary

On Wed, 2012-09-19 at 14:58 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Mi, 19 sep 12, 10:50:03, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> > By switching the running level, resp. by stopping X. It depends to the
> > display manager you're using and to the way your startup is handled. I
> > suspect you're using init and GDM. As root try "/etc/init.d/gdm stop"
> > without the "s. If this shouldn't work, google for Debian running level
> > or Debian stop X etc..
>
> By default all runlevels are identical on Debian.

Oops, indeed: "Default Debian installation does not make any difference
between runlevels 2-5. You may customize them to your liking." -
http://wiki.debian.org/RunLevel

OT: When I read about Debian's runlevel 1 I noticed that for
http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/212 using Firefox 15.0.1 I
have to scroll to the right, no line break :(.

:)
Ralf