Re: Installation

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 04:19:35AM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> "If you want to rip audio CD's to MP3's with e.g. Sound Juicer, you want
> to have the "gstreamer0.10-lame" package from e.g.
> www.deb-multimedia.org." - http://wiki.debian.org/MultimediaCodecs

root@tal:~# apt-cache policy libmp3lame0
libmp3lame0:
  Installed: 3.99.5+repack1-3
  Candidate: 3.99.5+repack1-3
  Version table:
 *** 3.99.5+repack1-3 0
        990 http://ftp.nz.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Although I had to jump through hoops to ensure the wheezy version was
installed instead of the 3rd party version.

(Just noticed it now when I was getting the info.)

Removing the repository is apparently not enough. :(

(Seems to be an abuse of epochs)

oppressing." --- Malcolm X