Re: Logging ISP Download Speed.

Am Donnerstag, 23. August 2012 schrieb Weaver:
> [...]
[…]

> >> If you are referring to the download I mention, it's not even 1
> >> MB/s.

> >> I get:
> >>
> >> Ping: 69 ms
> >> Download: 27.71 Mb/s
> >> Upload: 2.28 Mb/s
> >
> > For comparision DSL 18000 + 1 MBit Upload speed:
> >
> > M-Net in Germany, Nuremberg
> >
> > Ping: 28 ms
> > Download: 12,32 Mbps
> > Upload: 1,06 Mbps
>
> There are meny points of comparison.
>
> I'm paying 83.5878 Euros.

I am paying not even half of this ;). Its about 35 Euro.

For 80 Euros I would expect something more than this as well.

> As long as things like videos didn't have to stop and buffer two or
> three time while I was watching them, I could be quite happy.
> If I was getting an ADSL1 service and that's all I was paying for, I
> would be quite happy.

Yes, of course. Didn´t want to imply otherwise.

Actually I think the figures I get are quite close to what I pay for.
Download could be a bit faster maybe, but its a better relation than 27 to
100 Mbps.

But then the server have to deliver the bandwidth as well as each hop in
between. This becomes more difficult the higher the bandwidth is. As you are
for sure not the only one streaming videos from the net ;).