Re: continuous reboots in a two nodes cluster with heartbeat and pacemaker.

On 8/18/2012 6:36 AM, Mauro wrote:

> I've upgraded ram from 32 to 64G.

Did the reboots occur before doing this?

> I've reinstalled all simms.

DIMMs.  SIMMs haven't been used for over a decade.  But the fact you
mentioned SIMMs tells me you've been at this game a while.

> The bios reports no ram problems.

It may not.

> Also other server are upgraded to 64G.

Are all the DIMMs fully buffered ECC DDR2-667?  If you added unbuffered
ECC DDR2-667 DIMMs to go from 32GB to 64GB, the BIOS may no throw any
errors, but you'd see things like random reboots, random lockups, kernel
errors, processes crashing, etc.

Do these two machines have all four processors and all four memory
cartridges installed, or only two of each?

> Bugged ram is on both servers? Strange to me.

It's probably not bad RAM, but it seems possible that you may have used
unregistered DIMMs when you upgraded to 64GB.  Again, the BIOS may not
balk at this, and the combo might seem to work until the memory
subsystem is sufficiently exercised.

--
Stan