Re: [OT] Will upcoming Debian 8 release default to XFCE for the CD media?

On Sat, 2012-08-11 at 10:09 +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Or start a petition and carry the results to there. Anything constructive, anything positive
> about it. Yes, thats more work than complaining here, but then … do you *really* want a change?

Why shouldn't users who prefer GNOME3 not get in contact by Debian user
with each other and as the case my be, report the result of such a
discussion to the relevant people? Should they instead spam the
developers with their change of view?

I welcome a switch from GNOME3 to Xfce, but perhaps it's worth to think
about MATE too. I don't have experiences with MATE, others might be
experienced:

On Sat, 2012-08-11 at 08:33 +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
On 10.08.2012 18:19, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > GNOME3 isn't a successor of GNOME2, Xfce is much closer to GNOME2.
>
> And MATE is even closer :)

Regards,
Ralf