Re: Internet conecction

On 10/08/12 10:45 PM, Vicente wrote:
Good day, if someone can provide some help, many
Thanks in advance.

Turns out I have a computer with a wireless network card and a
usb modem, running a Debian testing, is that I want
configure the devices as follows: The USB Modem
output to have internet and wifi card to connect
to my local network, I've read on the internet but have not found a
guide
so help me turn to the list.

My debian is 64 bits.

Are you looking at turning your computer into an Internet gateway? If not, why not just use your local network for the Internet connection?

Assuming the USB modem is for dial-up, use the ppp application to handle the connection.

Wifi is widely covered. Basically, if your wireless card is supported, you can just use the network manager to configure it. If it's not, you may have to resort to the NDIS emulation application.