Re: links won't open using icedove/wheezy

hi everybody,

> Just checking to see if others are having the same problem.
yes indeed.
I had 2 mailthreats about this on the debian-user-german.

1. icedove does not open external links.
it opened the browser, but did not handover the URL.
I had to got to the KDE systemsettings and manually change the file
association (program which is called) entry to

iceweasel %u
(or x-www-browser %u, setting up the system alternatives to iceweasel.)

for all http/https.

2. I changed in the .icedove/<profile>/prefs.js

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.external.http", true);

to true.
while callening external links does work now, it had a major impact on
beeing able to add new accounts to ID.
while checking a new imap/smtp server, a link opened in iceweasel,
trying to get info about the mail-server. in this case, I used
self-signed certificates on my dovcot-server and STARTTLS.

switching this value back to "false", I can add new mailservers, but not
open external links.

for the time being, I have to choose, which misbehaviour I can live with
at the moment.

my system:
wheezy,amd64
KDE 4.8.4