Re: Iceweasel trouble, anyone else?

> Hi:
>
> Debian testing, i386, KDE 4.8.4, iceweasel 13.0.1
>
> Lately iceweasel suddenly started to blank all text on webpages of
> different
> sites. Usually restarting iceweasel helped (sort of). But now even after a
> restart it comes up with pages mostly blank, no text and even the menu
> text
> and titles on the toolbars disappear when manouvering three or four
> clicks.
>
> ["FF" for "iceweasel" for brevity]
> I used Arial font and switched to Liberation Sans font - no change.
> Disabled
> all plugins, started FF in safe-mode and reset to defaults - no change.
> FF throws no error messages in terminal.
>
> I googled about problem but curiously enough, almost all problems of the
> same
> kind seem to be very old FF3 and FF4. FF is unusable for me right now.
> Starting FF in terminal renders no error messages.
>
> Anybody else experiencing same problems?

Had a similar issue earlier today, but on SID with Iceweasel 10.0.5

With just three tabs up it started behaving as though it was overloaded.
Could hardly get the mouse to move, very slowly across the screen and the
whole situation behaved as though the browser was semi-frozen.
All of this from trying to load a third tab.

I can't reproduce it now.
Everything is fine.
I've loaded the same pages, exactly and played the video on one that I
couldn't access before.
With those pages loaded I have loaded even more, while the video was
playing with no performance drop.

Some days you can't win.
Regards,

Weaver.