Iceweasel trouble, anyone else?

Hi:

Debian testing, i386, KDE 4.8.4, iceweasel 13.0.1

Lately iceweasel suddenly started to blank all text on webpages of different
sites. Usually restarting iceweasel helped (sort of). But now even after a
restart it comes up with pages mostly blank, no text and even the menu text
and titles on the toolbars disappear when manouvering three or four clicks.

["FF" for "iceweasel" for brevity]
I used Arial font and switched to Liberation Sans font - no change. Disabled
all plugins, started FF in safe-mode and reset to defaults - no change.
FF throws no error messages in terminal.

I googled about problem but curiously enough, almost all problems of the same
kind seem to be very old FF3 and FF4. FF is unusable for me right now.
Starting FF in terminal renders no error messages.

Anybody else experiencing same problems?

Going back to use Konqueror except for one banking page where it cannot
transmit the password correctly. Trying Chromium for that page.

Later the same evening, trial of Chromium:
Chromium also behaves weirdly. Page is black. Parts of the menubar appear on
the webpage.

Also unusable.

So I think that there is a problem with KDE 4.8.4 or even the X-server (Xorg).

Any ideas?

Regards to all
Eike

--