Re: putting audio files onto a DVD

On 10/05/12 11:04, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> On 10/05/12 10:11, Whit Hansell wrote:
>> Sorry for the interruption but have tried to find a linux program which
>> will allow me to put andio files onto DVD's.  I have one particular file
>> which is just too large to fit on a CD and so wanted to put it on a DVD
>> but haven't been able to find a way to do it.  The files is an .mp3 and
>> I need it to play on a dvd player as an audio file.  i can copy it as a
>> data file but that will only play on a computer.
>>
>> Anyone know of a program which will do audio files onto DVD's?
>>
>> TIA
>> Whit
>>

> I'm not sure I understand what you want....
>
> To me an "audio" CD/DVD is a format of CD/DVD readable by CD players
> (music only). WAV files. An "iso" of an audio CD is not possible.

<snipped>

> You can use K3B <snipped>

Apologies for the bum steer - ignore that Whit. If it's possible to put
a CDDA format onto a DVD I've forgotten how to do it (I'm unable to
reproduce it now).

I'd suggest you see whether your player supports mp3 files - some do.
If not then try DVD-A as Indulekha suggested - if supported by your player:-
http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/howto.shtml

If DVD-A is not supported your player might support SACD. If so, perhaps
someone on the list can advise you on creating SACD DVDs using Debian as
I don't know of any programs for doing that (I've only ripped SACD DVDs,
not written).

Kind regards

answers to questions about Debian:-