Re: putting audio files onto a DVD

On 10/05/12 11:40, Indulekha wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:35:00AM +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> On 10/05/12 11:26, Indulekha wrote:
>>> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:04:21AM +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:

<snipped>

>> DVDA is an old(-ish) and (very) poorly supported audio format. Very few
>> players support it.
>
> I only know all three of my cheap dvd players do support it....

Just because they're cheap doesn't mean they're rubbish ;-)

DVDA is part of the DVD Book formats and as such 'should' be supported
by all 'good' DVD players.
Often players will support the competing SACD instead - or not support
DVDA at all. I've no idea whether this is a zonal Seacam/PAL market thing.
DVDA is much better than CDDA - SACD (Sony/Phillips), has few advantages.

Many (standalone) DVD players will also play several audio file formats
(eg. mp3, and ogg) and video formats (eg. avi, mpeg). Sadly many don't.
Others won't support burnt DVDs (only pressed).

Having said that... I'm no longer sure what the answer to the OP's
question is - I'm guessing it depends on the player in question.

If the OP's player supports DVDA then AFAIK the only Linux tool is:-
http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/howto.shtml

>From fuzzy memory it's fussy about the version of cdrecord used (from
debian-multimedia?).

Kind regards