Re: Does anyone care about dialup?

It may also be a problem with your service provider -- I had a problem
(back when I still used PPP) where the connection was getting dropped
mysteriously, and [after much frustration trying to figure out what
was happening] it turned out my provider didn't support TCP header
compression; turning off that feature in PPP made everything work.

Apparently windows PPP clients didn't use header compression, so they
didn't consider it an issue ...

-miles

--
Friendless, adj. Having no favors to bestow. Destitute of fortune. Addicted to
utterance of truth and common sense.