Re: Panning the screen to get an usable GNOME desktop in netbooks

On Sat, 05 May 2012 16:34:15 +0300, Adrian Fita wrote:

> On 05/05/12 14:55, Camaleón wrote:
>> In my intent to make my netbook more usable (because I can barely use
>> some applications such the recently available Pan), I'm trying to get a
>> virtual screen (panning) that allows me to configure some applications
>> that fail to display the usual bottom buttons (Cancel, Apply,
>> Accept...).
>
> [...]
>
> Hi. This is a longshot, you might have tried this already, but anyway..
>
> Have you tried holding the Alt key while Drag-and-Dropping from anywhere
> in the window? That is you position the mouse cursor anywhere close to
> the bottom of the window, then hold Alt, click, and while holding the
> button clicked, move the mouse upwards. The window should move up and it
> shouldn't get stuck at the top of the screen, the title and the upward
> part of the window should get past the top of the screen making the
> bottom along with the buttons visible so you can click on them. This
> works on almost any window manager I have tried.

Yes, I tried... but despite it's not a "normal" window (like the ones
with the title, minimize, maximize and close buttons that can be moved)
this one remains static even when I press Alt+F7, I only can expand it
horizontally <--> → <-----> but that's all.

Anyway, even for normal windows (those that can be freely moved along the
screen) I can only put the window at the top but it stops (and goes no
further) when the title bar reaches the edge top of the screen.

This situation is a bit frustrating and kinda ridiculous :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón