Re: Panning the screen to get an usable GNOME desktop in netbooks

On 05/05/12 14:55, Camaleón wrote:
> In my intent to make my netbook more usable (because I can barely use
> some applications such the recently available Pan), I'm trying to get a
> virtual screen (panning) that allows me to configure some applications
> that fail to display the usual bottom buttons (Cancel, Apply, Accept...).

[...]

Hi. This is a longshot, you might have tried this already, but anyway..

Have you tried holding the Alt key while Drag-and-Dropping from anywhere
in the window? That is you position the mouse cursor anywhere close to
the bottom of the window, then hold Alt, click, and while holding the
button clicked, move the mouse upwards. The window should move up and it
shouldn't get stuck at the top of the screen, the title and the upward
part of the window should get past the top of the screen making the
bottom along with the buttons visible so you can click on them. This
works on almost any window manager I have tried.

HTH,
--
Fita Adrian