Re: Panning the screen to get an usable GNOME desktop in netbooks

On Sat, 05 May 2012 15:33:08 +0300, Mika Suomalainen wrote:

> 05.05.2012 14:55, Camaleón kirjoitti:

>> In my intent to make my netbook more usable (because I can barely use
>> some applications such the recently available Pan), I'm trying to get a
>> virtual screen (panning) that allows me to configure some applications
>> that fail to display the usual bottom buttons (Cancel, Apply,
>> Accept...).

(...)

>  I used to have this same problem when my netbook ran Ubuntu*. I
> enabled monitor indicator or icon from screen settings and rotated the
> screen with it always when the bottom buttons went out of screen, but
> this isn't very good way to do it.

(...)

Yup, I also tried with "xrandr --output LVDS1 --rotate right" -which
works- but from there is very hard to direct the mouse to the right
place, i.e., it's unmanageable.

P.S. Mika, kindly reconsider reducing the length of your signature.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón