Re: Can't upgrade anyting in Sid

> On 18 Apr 2012, Florian Kulzer wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 09:50:26 +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
>> > For the last few days apt-get upgrades in Sid always fail with this
>> > message:
>> >
>> > E: Internal error: APT::pkgPackageManager::MaxLoopCount reached in
>> > SmartConfigure for libc-bin:i386, aborting

I'm getting almost the same scenario:

E: Internal error: APT::pkgPackageManager::MaxLoopCount reached in
SmartConfigure for grep:i386, aborting

It appears to be something with apt rather than individual packages

When attempting to follow previous suggestions in this thread, believing
libapt was the culprit and attempting to upgrade that, I get:

E: Internal error: APT::pkgPackageManager::MaxLoopCount reached in
SmartConfigure for libapt-pkg4.12:i386, aborting

What exactly is going on here?
Anybody have any clue.
TIA.
Regards,