Can't upgrade anyting in Sid

For the last few days apt-get upgrades in Sid always fail with this
message:

E: Internal error: APT::pkgPackageManager::MaxLoopCount reached in
SmartConfigure for libc-bin:i386, aborting

According to bug report 669060 this is supposed to be fiexd by the
latest version of apt (0.9.1). I downloaded this and installed it with
dpkg but the error still comes up. I also tried downloading and
installing the latest version of libc-bin, mentioned in the error line,
but that had depnendency problems. Any ideas what to try next?

AC

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk