Re: installing emacs on debian 6.0.4

Dan Hitt wrote:
> (2) I put in all the lines you recommended, including the
> optional ones (backports and mozilla).  When i did
>    sudo apt-get update
> i got an error linked to the backports:
> W: GPG error: http://mozilla.debian.net squeeze-backports Release: The
> following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
> not available: NO_PUBKEY 85A3D26506C4AE2A

Right.  See the instructions on http://mozilla.debian.net/ for how to
install the archive key.  In a nutshell if you install the keyring
pkg-mozilla-archive-keyring package then it will be able to verify all
of the packages.  Or you can use apt-key to add it.

> (3) I could not install emacs-el (E: Unable to locate package
> emacs-el), so i assume that the spelling isn't exactly right.

Oops.  My typing.  It should be emacs23-el.  It isn't critical.  But
it is the lisp source .el files for all of the .elc files.  Which is
often nice to browse through when developing.

> Thanks again for your help, which really was a relief, besides being so speedy.

Happy to help and glad to hear that you are all set now.

Bob