Re: Hauppauge Nova-T USB stick -- now what?

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 03:14:24PM +0100, Sian Mountbatten wrote:

> xbmc does not have any TV input: it does not recognise the Nova-T as
> input. Futhermore, I do not understand MythTV setup. I have not been
> able to install the mythtv MySQL initial file because I'm denied access
> to the MySQL database.

As others have already said, MythTV is overkill for just watching TV,
but:

The MythTV package needs to create a database called "mythconverg".  In
order to do that, it needs to know the MySQL root password.  It may be
blank by default.  If you don't know the password, you can reset it if
you have system root privileges.  You'll have to google for that,
because I don't remember how to do it...

-Rob