Re: how to check the server can be connected or not

>> On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 11:49:22 +0800, lina <lina.lastname@gmail.com> said:

L> Hi, a server is closed, but will start in future, sooner or later, I
L> wish to access in the first time it's open.  I tried:

L> while ( ssh server ) do sleep 60 done
L> wall < server_open.txt

   Instead of polling the server, could you have it send a mail message to
   a special address when starting SSH?  If you're running the while-loop
   on your workstation, set up an extension address like
        lina-wall@your.workstation.com
   which forwards incoming mail from the SSH server to /usr/bin/wall.

   If you use Postfix, see the http://www.postfix.org/local.8.html sections
   on ADDRESS EXTENSION and EXTERNAL COMMAND DELIVERY.

--
Karl Vogel                      I don't speak for the USAF or my company

The patient is tearful and crying constantly.
She also appears to be depressed.        --actual comment on hospital chart