Re: Flash Player 11 under Debian Lenny

> (...)

. [snip]

>>  This just in case the new one doesn't work, since I've been using
> until
>>  recently alphas or betas of the 64-bit version.  Just followed Adobe's
>>  generic Linux install instructions.   Never enabled Adobe's Fedora
>>  repository for this as it's all 32-bit, and won't work with a
> 64-bit
>>  browser unless you use a wrapper.  Too much trouble.
>
> How is that Fedora does not have an external repository for the 64 bits
> version of the plugin? That sounds unbelievable :-?

They do, but Fedora is very strict with their repositories and the contents (apps, drivers, plugins, etc.): Open Source only, whether 32 or 64-bit, with source available.  Anything proprietary like Flash, or where source isn't available, must be in third party ones, and is unsupported by Fedora.  In other words: "Use at Your Own Risk."  Adobe has its own Fedora repository, many software developers do, but it's all 32-bit.  As far as I know, Adobe has no 64-bit repository for sotware or plugins.  Of course, I haven't checked in a couple of years.