Re: Flash Player 11 under Debian Lenny

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 16:39:37 +0100, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Hi,

Hey, nice to see you here again :-)

> I'm still using Debian Lenny, and would like to use Flash Player 11
> under my Iceweasel (aka Firefox). I've downloaded the necessary file
> from
> <http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/> (running 32 bits),
> three times because I tried the three proposed alternatives.

1/ For upstream Firefox: $HOME/.mozilla/firefox/profile.default/plugins
2/ For Iceweasel: $HOME/.mozilla/plugins

The same should be for using it system wide but I prefer to put
Flashplayer into the user's home.

> When necessary, I put libflashplayer.so under /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins.
>
> Each time, the plugin is correctly detected by Iceweasel, as can be seen
> at Tools > Add-ons > Plugins (`Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102').
>
> However, when I try to load a webpage containing a flash animation,
> nothing loads, and it looks like I've got no Flash.

Check the "about:plugins" page and see what is listed there (hint: order
do matter).

> Consequently, I'm assuming Flash Player 11 (the v10 works like a charm
> here) needs other packages, maybe more recent versions than the ones I
> have.
>
> Could someone provide more info on this? I need to install the v11
> because many websites I'm regularly visiting (like Dailymotion) do not
> accept playing with a v10 Flash player (`You need to install Flash
> Player 11 [...].').
>
> Note that I tried putting the .so file under ~/.mozilla/plugins/ but it
> systematically crashes Iceweasel.

I'm using Lenny (64 bits) with Firefox 10.0 (upstream packages) and
"Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102", it works like a charm :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón