Re: A question about ssh-agent

On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 01:05:47 -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:

> Some might think I have no business wanting to know the answer to this
> question, but bare with me:
>
> Where in the start-up code of a system that is running ssh client is the
> ssh-agent started? It has got to be early in the process, but where?
> And what exactly is done? Should I be able to see it in an init.d
> script?

(...)

>From "man ssh-agent":

***
DESCRIPTION
ssh-agent is a program to hold private keys used for public key
authentication (RSA, DSA).  The idea is that ssh-agent is started in the
beginning of an X-session or a login session, and all other windows or
programs are started as clients to the ssh-agent program.  Through use of
environment variables the agent can be located and automatically used for
authentication when logging in to other machines using ssh(1).
***

Greetings,

--
Camaleón