Re: Upgrading to Iceweasel 10 in Squeeze (now sources.lists.d)

On 04/02/12 13:37, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> Bob Proulx wrote:
>>> Scott Ferguson wrote:
<snipped>

> No, please, no.  Think of the kittens.

But I *am* thinking of kittens, and picturing fur lined slippers, hats,
the dog's "exotic" fur winter jacket, and, native wildlife...
Oh, wait - I see what you mean.

<snipped>

>> I'd settle for a dialog question.
>
> That increases the interative noise.  It is already very noisy.  I
> spend a lot of time playing wack-a-mole trying to keep it automated.

If the default is No (Don't install snippet - don't modify my
sources.list[*1], send mail notification to system) then:-
# apt-get -y install X
will rob you of your favourite game (not to be confused with a tasty
Mexican sauce made with avocado).

[*1] it's easier to scan /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ than to cat
/etc/apt/sources.list

<snipped>

> They would really be unhappy on Tuesday with an MS system and the
> large patches there.

Instead they're *really* happy, and productive. Many have recently moved
to Squeeze from Lenny which gives them improved performance *without*
needing new hardware. Fat chance of doing that with MS[*2].
As a bonus (because we make their DE purdy) they aren't all demanding
fondle-slabs.

[*2] the nasty disease *with* a known cure.

<snipped>

> Bob

Kind regards

NOTE: new update available for Debian Buttons
(New button for querying Debian Developer Package):-
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/debian-buttons/