Re: Upgrading to Iceweasel 10 in Squeeze

Scott Ferguson wrote:
> It would be preferable is the installer notified the admin when creating
> a snippet,

Hmm...  I am not sure how that would work.  And even then I just think
it is a bad idea.  Most of the time if you were able to install the
package then most likely you already added the repository to a
sources.list file so the package one because a second one.  And if you
didn't install a sources.list line then it is probably because you
didn't want to.

I would be perfectly okay if there were an additional meta-package
that included dependencies and whose sole purpose was to set up a
sources.list line.  Then I would avoid the installation of that
package and say, well, it is probably useful for some poor unfortunate
soul.  But I would blacklist it.

> especially the truly Evil(tm) autoupdate in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d
> :-)

Such as?  I don't have anything there.  What package is it in?
Just purge it.

Bob