Re: Option 'printer-resolution' has value '(unknown IPP tag)' and cannot be edited.

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 10:48 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 12:10:03 +0800, lina wrote:

>>> Weird. I'm using wheezy and haven' had any problems with my printers
>>> :-)
>>
>> Might the network printer is tricky?
>
> I also use networked printers.
>
> (...)
>
>>> Can you print?
>>
>> can't
>>
>> later
>>
>> removed gnome-key due to the error report saying: gnome- gnome-keyring::
>> no socket to connect to
>>
>> and then it showed:
>>

>> E [02/Feb/2012:11:24:05 +0800] cupsdAuthorize: Empty Basic password!
>>

>> service cups restart showed me:
>>
>> W [02/Feb/2012:11:35:13 +0800] failed to CreateProfile:
>> org.freedesktop.ColorManager.AlreadyExists:profile id
>> 'HP-LaserJet-P4015-Gray..' already exists
>>
>> I am kinda of in blind try,
>
> Remove any printer instance you already have configured and try by adding
> again the printer. Use CUPS web interface better than gnome printer
> applet.

When I tried to use CUPS wed interface, the printers it detected lots
lots, there are lots of printers in this networks with the same name
and brand.

I only know the IP of printer. by applet can easily find the one with the IP.

>>> Bugs are bugs, they need to be corrected and/or be properly addressed:
>>>
>>> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-binCUPugreport.cgi?bug=656640
>>>
>>> You should add your findings to that report.
>>
>> That's the exact post I read before posting.
>
> If other users have the same problem it can be a bug. Did you add your
> findings there? The more affected users append their comments, the better.

I will think about it. haha... still don't understand what's going on,
not sure it's a bug or something I missed.

> Greetings,

Thanks.