Re: Two CD-DVD writers and Debian Lenny

On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 18:58:58 +0100, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

>> So basically the problem is that the burning application is detecting
>> the optical units wrongly, right?
>>
>> You can use udev rules to statically identify the units or use
>> "uuid/id" for the devices in "/etc/fstab" so they are mounted in the
>> right order.
>>
> Effectively, but what is the link with the burning programs? Do they
> behave in the same way to find the burners?

(...)

Who knows... I would look at gnomebaker menu "Preferences/Device
settings" and see what it says there, I mean, if what gnomebaker sees
matches what the system sees. Should they differ, maybe you can add new
devices and select them directly from its mount point or device uuid/id.

OTOH, you still have a secondary problem with your NEC ND-2500A which
still does not work. For this one, I would manually burn a media disc
(using wodim) and see the output.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón