SOLVED Re: loss of sound in VLC

On 02/02/2012, Jon Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
> On 02/02/12 01:18, Sharon Kimble wrote:
>> Can anyone suggest further things to try to regain sound on vlc which
>> worked very well until the recent upgrade.
>
> If you create a new guest user, does VLC work for that user?

I didn’t do this because its solved by going through 'tools >
preferences > audio' where I found that the output module was set to
the onboard audio chip. Changed it to the cmedia one and the sound
returned.

Thanks to all who supplied answers.

Sharon.
--
A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk/taste/index.html
Debian 6,0.4, Gnome 1:2.30+7, LibreOffice 3.4.4