Re: connection problems

Angela Brune wrote:
Hi,
I installed Debian 6 on my machine. Everything was going fine, but at
some point, after installing Gaussian 09 and writing in the .bashrc
file the lines I'm reporting below, the connection starting
oscillating.
 Sometimes it goes for 2 or 3 minutes, then it comes back and so on.
Even after deleting those lines the problem persists. I also tried
restarting the network but it won't help.
 I'm pretty sure the problem comes from these lines, because the same
thing happened with two other operative systems and I don't think it
can be a pure coincidence.
 Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance.

<snip>

Looking at http://www.gaussian.com/g_prod/g09.htm don't they have a support group? This would not seem related at all to Debian.