Re: Wireless connection not working

On 31/01/2012 23:01, Gustavo J Mata wrote:
I'm installing stable. I got the following the command line interface
to network manager. Is it useful?

Not to me, sorry!

I notice someone else has mentioned encryption. On one install I did I had to reconfigure my router to WEP until the install was complete, and then I was able to change it back to WPA2-PSK. I've also discovered (yesterday in fact, when I did a desktop install of testing) that some of the messages warning of required firmware can be ignored. The install told me I needed firmware for my network card, I ignored it and the install proceeded fine.

I wonder if it's worth your while trying a testing installation (rather than stable) and see if there's any difference. Then you could perhaps copy some of the configs to a memory stick and compare what's different.

Dougie

PS: Can't see any problems accessing http://www.bluecedar.org.uk/?p=233 but not sure how useful it'd be for you anyway. Different chipset on the Acer.