Re: xserver-xorg vs. xserver-xorg-video-nouveau

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 20:51:21 +0100, Sven Joachim wrote:

> On 2012-01-31 20:29 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>> xserver-xorg includes X and xserver-xorg-video-nouveau includes a
>> borked Nvidia driver for X.
>
> This "borked" driver works fine for me.  YMMV, of course.
>
> Sven,
>      maintainer of the "borked" package

:-)

Sven, do not take it as a personal attack, just think about the many
users out there having to deal with the mess of installing a VGA card in
linux. It never has been so difficult and so hard than now is (or at
least I don't remember it was when no KMS and no dynamic Xorg existed).

Now, getting it working comes by pure luck.

Of course, the ones to blame here are not:

1/ Nuvó package maintainers
2/ Nuvó package developers
3/ Nuvó upstream developers
4/ Kernel people
5/ Xorg people

If someone wants to complain it should direct his/her gripes to the
manufacturers (nvidia, ati) which are the only responsible for the
current state of their drivers in the linux ecosystem.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón