Gimp acting strangely

I try and run gimp and it silently exits.

I have tried completely uninstalling it and re-installing it, but that doesn't help.

The only related thing that might have caused it is that I have removed a lot of gnome libraries having just switched over the kde. But I would have thought they would have come up as unsatisfied dependancies and been reinstalled if gimp needed them. Any one any clues as to what might be going on.

I am on Sid.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk