VirtualBox and VNC keymap

Hi all!

I'm using VirtualBox OSE on a host without a GUI and I'm trying to
connect via VNC to install a VM with Debian Squeeze. The syntax I use on
VirtualBox OSE to start the VM is the following:

$ VBoxHeadless -startvm Debian --vnc --vncport 5901

When I get the hostname configuration screen, seems not to receive
keystrokes. What does not work is to write the hostname, but I can use
the arrow keys to go back or continue. ALT+Shift gets the keyboard
numbers and letters working again [1]. Then I can enter Capital and
press Caps Lock again and it return to normal.

But it seems that the keyboard is misconfigured. I have a spanish
keyboard and, for example, if I type ":" I get an "Ñ", or pressing ")" I
get an "=".

I tried several clients (xtightvncviewer and xvnc4viewer) and I found the
same behavior on VirtualBox 3.2.4 (Lenny Backports) and VirtualBox
3.2.10 (Squeeze).

Has anyone experienced this behavior and was able to resolve in any way?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Daniel

[1] http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=26159
--
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9  29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37