Re: Password Management ?

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Stephen Allen <marathon.durandal@gmail.com> wrote:
> LastPass is online and KeePass is offline. Honestly, I would trust KeePass
> over LastPass.

<shrug>

I don't understand your response here? Is there a point to your shrugging at
the difference between LastPass and KeePass?

Not true; One has the ability to export their data at any time, now.

Actually it is true, because the terms of their service can change at any time.
And without notice, which is their right to do so, as long as they are a business,
incorporated in the United States. Just because you can export your data from
them for free now, doesn't mean you can't in the future.

Anything can change at anytime including an OSS project.

True, but as long as I have a currently free copy of that OSS Project,
then it remains free if I don't upgrade to the newer (and conceivably changed)
paid-for product.

Stephen, my goal here was not to split hairs with you but to illustrate the
differences between LastPass and KeePass at a cursory level for the OP,
who expressed not understanding the difference between the two.