Password Management ?

Hi,

I'm just interested on how, after googling for a long time, on a
debian, can we manage users's passwords. I mean how can we manage a
password database on a web php site for example ?

How do you manage your user's passwords database ?

I've tried clipperz, but the product is under development and not safe.
Phppassmanager seems great but no update since 2006.

Is there a tool, web or else, to manage database passwords in debian ?

Thanks fir your replies,

Olivier