Re: VLC missing sound

Please run the following script and see if you still don't get sound.
Cut here:

#!/bin/bash
# file: treasuretrove.sh - play treasure-trove stream with vlc script
vlc http://lin2.ash.fast-serv.com:9022

If that script doesn't work you could try:

#!/bin/bash
# file: folkalley.sh - play folk music stream with vlc
vlc http://www.folkalley.com/folkalley.pls

On
Mon, 21 Nov 2011, Porcia Silvia wrote:

> I'm using the kernel 3.1.0-1-amd64 and Debian sid
>
> For a few weeks now I have had no sound from the VLC player
>
> Videolan is no help, they keep blaming the debian multimedia sources
> etc. Although VLC actually works well excepting that no sound is
> forthcoming.
>
> so..has anyone else had this problem?
>
> I use ALSA this is what's installed:
>
> ii  alsa-base       1.0.23+dfsg-4      ALSA driver configuration files
>
> ii  alsa-utils 1.0.24.2-4     Utilities for configuring and using ALSA
>
> ii alsamixergui      0.9.0rc2-1-9.1 graphical soundcard mixer for ALSA
> soundcard driver
>
> ii gstreamer0.10-alsa      0.10.35-1 GStreamer plugin for ALSA
>
> See anything that might be missing for VLC?
>
> The Iceweasel browser and the spotify client are working correctly with the
> above ALSA installation.

Jude <jdashiel-at-shellworld-dot-net>