Re: CUPS assuming I'm the admin instead of prompting for user/pass

On 11/21/2011 02:44 PM, Kent West wrote:
Apparently this printer is being shared off another person's computer near by, but it's showing up in this list as if it's been added to my list of printers, and when I click on it to delete it, I'm then being taken to that CUPS server instead of to my own localhost cup server.

Well, that mystery has been solved, but now I have a new problem. How do I get this other person's shared printer out of my list?

I was able to click on the "Edit Configuration File" button and change the "Browsing On" setting to "Browsing Off", which removed that shared printer from my list.

I'm still wondering how to "log off" from the CUPS server so that I would again be prompted for the admin username/password if I wanted to change more settings, but I can let that be an issue for another day.

Thanks!

--
Kent West<*)))><
http://kentwest.blogspot.com