Re: regards the /

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 20:31:30 +0800, lina wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 7:38 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

(...)

>> > Tell you one secret, I didn't know LANG means language environment.
>> > When I test each directory.
>> > I avoid using the up arrow to get history. I tried to type each time
>> > to enhance memory of it. How silly I was/am.
>>
>> He... that's a good gimmick I should also use to improve my memory (it
>> takes me some time to remember the commands I barely use) but I'm so
>> lazy than even to run history commands I use "!+history number" instead
>> of retyping it again :-P
>>
>  Ha ... it's not easy to remember the history number.

There is nothing to remember :-)

I run a command:

sm01@stt008:~$ ls -l
(...)

Then I want to run that same command again, but don't remember (or don't
want to retype) the full syntax, what were the parameters I added, etc...
So I ask "history":

sm01@stt008:~$ history|grep ls
(...)
  501  ls -l
  502  history|grep ls

Okay, it was 501, perfect. To run it again is just a matter of:

sm01@stt008:~$ !501
ls -l

Greetings,

--