Re: KDE does not log out or shut down.

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 14:02:20 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

> Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:
>
>>> I can not log out nor shut down from KDE in wheezy. - I have tried a
>>> newly created user too w/o luck.
>>
>>Does logout and shutdown work from command line?
>
> Ah... Do You mean from ttyN under root? - For I do not know how to log
> out from KDE from x-terminal.

Okay, you can run these two tests:

1/ Try to shutdown as usual by running "shutdown -h now" from konsole

2/ And then you can try to logout by running "killall kdeinit" or simply
"kdekillall" (recheck these commands, maybe your version of KDE also
allows another method to get the job done by means of "dcop something-to-
logout") :-)

Note: killing kde init processes will effectively destroy your kde
session, just ensure you don't have any open document nor program pending
to be saved before you run it.

>>> Should I file a bug report against it? OR I miss a package?
>>
>>Hum... what is the behaviour you get? I mean, what happens when you try
>>to logout or shutdown? Can you see any on-screen message when you run
>>both options? Something at the logs (~/.xsession-errors)?
>
> Just nothing happens - the dialog window vanishes away and that's it - I
> can still use the session. It is the same for both. No any on-screen
> messages for both options.

Weird :-?

> Here is the content of error file since a new user has started the very
> first KDE session:
>
> http://pastebin.com/WshrSsAx

(...)

Thanks for the log... True is that I can't see a line related to the
shutdown/logout error but it's plenty of the other Akonadi/Nepomuk
warnings you also told us.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón