Re: KDE does not log out or shut down.

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 17:45:53 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

> I can not log out nor shut down from KDE in wheezy. - I have tried a
> newly created user too w/o luck.

Does logout and shutdown work from command line?

> Should I file a bug report against it? OR I miss a package?

Hum... what is the behaviour you get? I mean, what happens when you try
to logout or shutdown? Can you see any on-screen message when you run
both options? Something at the logs (~/.xsession-errors)?

> Also, I have errors w/ Akonadi on server self test at startup running
> under "old" user (for newly created it is OK):
>
> - control process not registered at D-bus
>
> - server not registered at D-bus
>
> - nepomuk search service not registered at D-Bus
>
> - No resource agents found.
>
> IS it possible to fix it, or I have to wipe the KDE configuration and
> start a new?

I guess the above messages are pretty common in today's KDE desktop, I
mean, nothing serious to worry about although it needs to be corrected,
of course.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón