Re: Hard drive bad sector warning

On 11/09/11 20:20, Andrew McGlashan wrote:
Scott Ferguson wrote:
Where did you get a version of cfdisk that is installable on normal
Debian system?

Umm, it is on my old lenny box and it is on my new squeeze box. I didn't
do anything special to install it. Most installs that I do are minimal
base installs to start with.

Thanks for that. It's on my Lenny and Squeeze boxes too.... as part of util-linux
My mistake - I just did a dpkg --get-selections, apt-cache search and:-
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=cfdisk&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all&sourceid=mozilla-search
which is where I got the udeb bit from, and the link to the:-
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/cfdisk-udeb
which gave the "Warning: This package is intended for the use in building debian-installer images only. Do not install it on a normal Debian system."

Does cfdisk do a better job of handling 4K sectors than fdisk - I was unable to find anything to that effect??

(again, my preference is parted) - the use cfdisk because fdisk + GPD = problem was not my post (and the OP was not using GPD)

Cheers

--
"It's really weird how your life changes. Tonight I'm drinking water. Four years ago? Opium. Night and day, you know?"
— Bill Hicks