Re: Hard drive bad sector warning

Use GPD instead of DOS partition types, *and* use parted instead of fdisk.

I used fdisk to partition the disk before installing the OS. Just to make sure all the partitions started on the physical sector boundaries. The fdisk output posted above looks fine, doesn't it? I followed this article http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-4kb-sector-disks/

Except for the sda4 all the other partitions start on sector that's a multiple of 8. I don't see any problem there.

could you please elaborate on your preference for parted over fdisk.

Is it GPT?  If it's GPT, I cannot use it as my 5yr old laptop does not support it. Isn't  EFI/UEFI needed to use GPT?

The good news it that there's most likely nothing wrong with your drive.

Hope so.

--
Kind regards,
Yudi